Your homework this year will be twofold:
- Traditional paper and pencil checked everyday. It will be in your unit packet (V.I.P.) and it will need to be complete when you walk into class.
- Online using DeltaMath that will be checked at the end of each unit. Do this at your leisure, just make sure it is complete by the close of each unit.
*What you need to do ASAP:
- Go to DeltaMath.com and create an account (unless you already have one…in that case, simply log in)
- When registering for our class, use the class code 683779
Please let me know if you have any questions. The assignment for Unit A is posted!
I need to know you.
In order to better tailor my lessons to you, my students, you are going to write me a letter. I’m not asking for anything formal. Just an authentic message from you to me. You can email or handwrite it. You are not obligated to use any of the following questions, but here are some ideas that may help guide you:
- What should I know about you?
- What’s something about yourself that I wouldn’t know by looking at you?
- What’s your family’s background? Do you speak any languages other than English?
- Who do you live with? Do you have any siblings?
- In all of your years of school, who is/was your favorite teacher? Why?
- Was mathematics invented or discovered? Why do you think that?
- What’s a goal that you have for the year?
Remember, the more detail you give, the better I’ll be able to teach you. Make it good!
Oh, and everyone gets a personalized response letter from Mr. Palacios. Everyone.
Whew. You’ve made it to a new school year.
First off, congrats on that.
Now that you’ve met me (and Mr. Peters, if you’re in algebra 1) in person, I want to welcome you again to a new school year. I have lots of plans for our class…and I’m super excited about getting the ball rolling.
Please feel free to start exploring our class website. Everything you will learn is posted on the specific class pages (algebra 2 or algebra 1). As the year progresses, it will get filled with more information and resources as the year progresses. In the meantime, there are two surveys that I need you to complete. Please go through and complete the following surveys:
Also, you can begin thinking about stuff you would like to tell me in a personal letter. You will get more details about this later.